When it comes to online casino game jackpots, slots jackpots are the most common and by far the most popular.
It's easy to see why when you consider that they turn players into millionaires in the blink of an eye.
The phenomenon started back in 1986 when the Megabucks slots were rolled out in nine different Nevada casinos. They had been created by International Game Technology and were 3-coin slots. They were the first ever progressive jackpot slot and allowed players to win bigger prizes than ever before.
Things to remember with Slot Progressive Jackpots
- Some jackpots are randomly triggered, so by betting a small amount you can still end up winning the jackpot – although it is generally recommended to play the maximum bet to ensure you get the full jackpot.
- Online jackpots increase rapidly thanks to large numbers of people contributing to the pot.
- Many casinos have dozens of slots jackpots, it's important to choose the right one as some offer more chances to win than others.
- Arabian Nights, Mega Moolah and Millionaire's Club often offer the highest online slots jackpots.
The Megabucks slot is still going to this day, although it has had a couple of updates along the way. Most importantly the Megabucks jackpot itself continues to reach new heights –regularly handing out more than $10 million to lucky slots players.
Ways to Win a Slots Jackpot
- Match the predetermined symbols on a payline. This will require revealing the rarest symbol on every reel, sometimes on a specific payline too. This is the most common way to win a jackpot.
- Randomly. Some jackpots, such as the Marvel jackpots, drop at random following the completion of a spin.
- In a second screen bonus round. Once in a bonus round the top payout can be the progressive jackpot. This form of winning is quite rare.
Online Slots Jackpots
Bringing slots jackpots online has meant that they've been able to grow much larger than those that existed in land-based casinos. This is thanks to wide progressive networks that allow players from all over the world to add to the jackpot pool. Basically, every time the reels of a progressive slot are spun, a bit of the wager goes into the progressive pot. So, the more players that play these slots, the larger the jackpots are going to get.
They increase so fast that you can actually watch the total increase before your very eyes. If this doesn't encourage you to keep playing and win it for yourself, then nothing will. Online jackpots are also seeded, which means they start at a set level and increase from there once the jackpot has been hit.
This can be a great benefit as Leah A can testify. She won a £275,000 jackpot on Major Millions back in 2006. But, after the jackpot was reset she won it again just hours later and banked herself an extra £160,000.