Sportsbook.com offers odds on Star Wars Episode III
Star Wars followers may know what happens in the final installment of the highly anticipated Star Wars prequel, but Sportsbook.com is offering fans a chance to wager on something they don’t know: the film’s gross for the opening weekend.
Opening in theatres May 19, the movie is expected to dominate at the box office this summer, though it is not expected to approach the opening weekend record gross of $114,844,116 set by Spider-Man in 2002. Sportsbook.com is offering over/under odds on both the total gross for the opening weekend, listed at $85.5 million, and for the highest single day gross for the opening weekend, listed at $35.25 million.
“Star Wars is the most famous movie series of all time. Offering people the chance to bet on the film just adds to the excitement, and it speaks to our commitment to offer fans the most unique and comprehensive betting options in the world,” said Alex Czajkowski, Marketing Director, Sportsbook.com.
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – Opening Weekend Odds
Total opening weekend gross: Over/Under $85.5 million
Highest grossing day for the opening weekend: Over/Under $35.25 million
Top Grossing Opening Weekends:
2. Shrek $108,037,878
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban $93,687,367
4. The Matrix Reloaded $91,774,413
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $90,294,621
6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets $88,357,488
7. Spider-Man $88,156,227
8. X2: X-Men United $ 85,558,731
9. The Passion of the Christ $ 83,848,082
10. Star Wars: Attack of the Clones $ 80,027,814
21. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace $ 64,810,970
OnlineCasinoNews.com - 2005-05-16 12:52:57