NETeller to return money to US gamblers
NETeller has finally announced the details of its plan to return money it owes to its US customers, totalling almost $60 million, after those funds were seized earlier this year by the US Attorney’s Office.
"US customers will be able to access their NETeller accounts online for a certain time and make a request for their funds,” the company said in a statement.
However, no specific date for the start of the distribution of funds has been set. NETeller said that the plan will start once the investigation by the US Attorney’s Office has been completed, which they expect to be by July 13.
NETeller will then communicate with its US customers via e-mail, their website and a press release confirming that the distribution plan has begun.
NETeller confirmed that no commission will be charged and no interest will be paid on customers balances.
"The agreement on the Distribution Plan represents a milestone in our cooperation with the US authorities. While we are disappointed not to have been able to return funds to our US customers at this point, we believe that the steps we have made in our discussions are significant and we hope to be able to announce further progress with the USAO by 13 July 2007,” said Group President and CEO, Ron Martin.
Editor, Jackpot.co.uk - 2007-06-05 10:59:12