No Deposit Bonuses
Picture the scene – you wander along Las Vegas Boulevard to be greeted by MGM Grand employees handing you free chips and inviting you to come inside and play.
Your first reaction would be to think 'what's the catch?' and there is one, but we'll get to that later. The point is that this would never happen, which shows just how good online no deposit bonuses are.
These bonuses don't require you to risk any of your own funds - so in theory, it's free money.
Casinos view no deposit bonuses as a lure. Meaning that they throw them out there, where hundreds and even thousands of players will take them up, but few will go on to become long term customers. And the ones that do? Well they might get lucky and net themselves a big player. Job done.
So it's no surprise that there are some pretty tight terms and conditions attached to them. These may include, non-cashable, high wagering requirements 40x plus and low bonus amounts (usually around £5 or £10). But hey it's free so who cares?
Things to consider:
- No risk to player as you don't need to deposit.
- Steer clear of bonuses that don't allow you to keep the winnings (none listed on Jackpot.co.uk do this).
- Terms and conditions are very strict so make sure you follow them in order to prevent your winnings being voided.
- Don't get over excited. A lot of no-deposit bonuses are non-cashable and don't go much beyond £10.
- Often used as a welcome bonus, meaning you can get to know a casino before risking your own money.
- Don't expect to hit a life-changing jackpot on a free £10; the chances are tiny.
- Most casinos will let you keep the big networked progressive jackpots but small jackpots that the individual casinos control are most likely voided by the terms and conditions.
- Some no deposit bonuses consist of free spins rather than cash – great for slots players.