In the UK there are more mobile phones than there are people (75 million phones to 61 million people). Given this impressive statistic, it's no wonder that mobile casino games are gaining in popularity.
Previously you had to wait until you got home to play your favourite slot or table game; now mobile casinos allow you to do that wherever you are. The likes of Microgaming, Playtech and Net Entertainment have turned their attentions to making their existing games mobile while casinos are constantly developing new mobile bonuses and promotions. With all of this activity taking place, while the current range of mobile casinos and the games are impressive enough, you get the feeling that there's a lot more to come.
|32Red Mobile Casino||20||Android, iOS, BlackBerry, others||Yes||4.5||£160||Play now|
|Betfair Mobile Casino||20||Android, iOS||Yes||3||£700||Play now|
|Spin Palace Mobile Casino||25+||Android, iOS, BlackBerry, others.||Yes||5||£1,000||Play now|
|William Hill Mobile Casino||20||Android, iOS||Yes||4||£150||Play now|
Main attractions of mobile casinos
It doesn't take too much to work out why mobile casinos are becoming so popular. Payments are becoming easier, there are more choices than ever before and they're so much more accessible than ever before. Aside from those broad benefits, there are lots of other reasons to play at a mobile casino. Below are just some of what we believe to be the key factors.
- You can play them anywhere at any time. If you lose signal then the game is saved and restarted once you log back in.
- Easy to use touch screen compatibility.
- Casinos are encouraging players to try them out with generous bonuses exclusive to mobile customers.
- Slow download times are a thing of the past with 4G and better WiFi coverage.
- They make use of cutting-edge technology - we're talking Minority Report-style stuff here!
The impression that most people have of mobile casinos is that you need to be some kind of technical wizard in order to be able to get to grips with them. However, we promise that's not the case as casinos have placed an emphasis on simplicity and usability. But there are still a few things that you need to take into account before beginning your time in a mobile casino.
Five things to consider about mobile casinos
- When possible, play through a WiFi connection. It's much quicker and won't eat into your usage data.
- Casino lobbies and games that come as native apps are much more convenient to use once downloaded and use less bandwidth.
- Some older phones may not display games properly. Most casinos have a list of compatible devices on their website or in the FAQs section of their mobile site.
- The best way to contact mobile casino customer support is by calling them straight from your phone. Most casinos should provide freephone numbers.
- Native apps are created for iPhones, iPads, Android and BlackBerry devices allowing for push notifications, syncing with other apps and even the ability to move your phone in order to control what's going on on the screen.