Whilst gambling can be entertaining, the fact that a simple spin of the slot reels or the turn of the cards can earn you life changing amounts of money makes it a past-time that can be thwarted with dangers and pitfalls if not kept under control.
Gambling addiction is an extremely serious issue and should be treated as such by players and casinos alike. In order to protect yourself from encountering gambling addiction problems we encourage you to have a read through the guide below. It could save you from problems later on.
Gambling Rules to Live By
View these as the commandments handed down from us at Jackpot.co.uk to to ensure that your time at online casinos stays fun and more importantly, protects you from any problems. .
- Avoid gambling when drunk.
- Only gamble with what you can afford to lose.
- Set a monthly budget to spend on gambling and no matter what the reason don't go over it.
- Look at your monthly income and outgoings then decide what percentage of your spare income you want to earmark for gambling. We suggest you set levels of 10%-12% of your spare income.
- Have a target for your winnings and quit while you're ahead.
- Take part in other interests and hobbies – don't allow gambling to rule your life.
- Don't use gambling as a way of escaping boredom.
If you do think that you may be suffering from gambling addiction, consult the rules above and see if you think you might not be following them. If that is the case then don't panic as there are plenty of organisations and people willing to help.
Getting Help with Gambling Addiction
Gamblers Anonymous, formed in 1957 with offices all over the world has been the leading light in providing the strong moral support and recovery help required by gamblers and their families.
- National Phone Number:
- 020 7384 3040
- Scotland Phone Number:
- 08700 50 88 81
GamCare is a much newer organisation that was formed in 1997. They are a registered UK charity and are primarily based in London. Their website provides a large number of useful resources and informative content. They also offer a range of support services including counselling and focus groups and are open to chat from 8am until midnight seven days a week.
- UK Phone Number
- 0845 6000 133