It's always been issue of contention...does blackjack require any skill or is it just a game of luck?
Well no matter what else you hear, blackjack is partially a game of skill and luck.
Following the right rules, players can help create their own advantage using what's called basic blackjack strategy. In layman's terms, knowing when and when not to split, stand, hit and double.
|Casino||Bonus Amount||Wagering Requirements||Contribution||Bonus Code||Claim|
|bet365 Casino||150% up to £100||20x (bonus+deposit)||10%||BONUS100||Claim Bonus|
|32Red Casino||£250||30x (deposit)||10%||Claim Bonus|
|Ladbrokes Casino||£750||20x||10%||Claim Bonus|
|Intercasino||£250||15x (bonus+deposit)||5%||GET250||Claim Bonus|
So what the heck has that got to do with blackjack casino bonuses? Well, as with other casino games that either have an element of skill, a low house edge or offer even money bets, blackjack bonuses tend to be pretty strict. Don't be surprised to find blackjack bonuses from 50% and topping out at around 100% with high wagering requirements upwards of 50x your deposit and bonus.
Be wary of blackjack bonuses over 100%, there has to be some catch, usually in the form of wagering requirements of 100x or higher. Most of the bonuses to tend to be cashable but in all honesty, unless you are very lucky and play strict basic strategy you're hardly likely to have much bonus money left after wagering it 100x.
To get the most out of blackjack bonuses we recommend you follow these simple steps:
- Learn basic blackjack strategy. Using this in conjunction with a half decent blackjack bonus will increase your enjoyment of the game, improve your chances of winning as well as help eat away at the wagering requirements.
- Be wary of bonuses that offer 150% match, the wagering requirements are going to be hefty and more often than not the bonus will be non-cashable.
- A wagering requirement contribution of around 20% is pretty much the norm these days. If you see more than 20% with reasonable wagering requirements, take it – see our list above.
- Unless you're very confident and/or have a big bankroll, go easy on your bet size. A smaller bet size will improve your chances of not losing your entire balance before you've met the wagering requirements.
- Don't be fooled. Advanced blackjack strategy, or card counting as it is known, is impossible online as all online casinos shuffle after each hand. In live online blackjack the croupiers shuffle mid deck so that's not an option either.