Finding your way in an online casino should be a fairly simple task, after all they've been created to be easy to use.
However, if you want to get more out of your online casino experience, there are a few things that you should be aware of.
We've seen many casino beginners' guides over the years. As a result we decided that rather than bombarding you with sentence after sentence of relentless jargon, it's much easier when the most important information is set out in an easily digestible fashion.
With this in mind we've split up our online casino guide into five sections which can be found below.
Choosing an Online Casino
If you think there's not much differentiating the various online casinos, sorry to say this but you're wrong!
The games on offer, bonuses available, level of customer service and of course the jackpots that can be won all differ. This is just the beginning, with many more details changing from casino to casino. In order to find a casino that's ideal for you, have a browse through our online casino reviews so that you can make an informed decision.
Below are a few factors that you should always take into consideration:
- What are your favourite games? Does the casino that you're looking at offer them?
- Would you like to play mobile or live dealer games as well?
- What sort of bonuses would you like to use?
- Would you play regularly enough to make signing up for a loyalty scheme worthwhile?
- How would you like to make deposits and receive withdrawals?
- Would you like to play on the casino website or from your desktop?
Once you've asked yourself these questions and come up with a few thoughts about which factors are most important to you, simply look for a casino that offers everything you want. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
JACKPOT FACT – The Legal Issues
Online gambling in the UK is legal. On the other side, online casinos have to do their part too. Only play at casinos that are licensed by a reputable jurisdiction.
Signing up at an Online Casino
Now it's time to register and depending on whether you choose to play in the instant casino or on the download casino (we recommend the download option), the process differs slightly.
- For download casinos, go to the casino website and click on the ‘Download Now' buttons which should be pretty easy to find. Then allow the download to take place by clicking on the buttons you're prompted to in the pop-ups.
- When playing in the browser-based instant flash casino, simply click on one of the games which will open a page asking you to log in or register.
- Regardless of whether you're using the download or instant casino the registration process should be the same. You'll be asked to fill in your details and we strongly recommend that you do so correctly, as incorrect information can cause problems when you try to withdraw.
- You can expect to be asked for the following details:
- Date of Birth (to ensure you're over 18)
- Email address
- Phone number
While you're here, don't forget to claim your casino bonus. Casino bonus codes (if they apply for a particular bonus) can often be found on the casino website or in our reviews.
To make sure that you fully understand the bonuses available to you, have a browse through our bonus guide for everything you need to know – also make sure you understand any terms and conditions tied to the bonus.
JACKPOT FACT – Keeping Private
Any business should always treat their customers' details with extreme caution – that's just good business sense. Fortunately online casinos are no different and any details that you share with the casinos here at Jackpot.co.uk will be kept completely safe.
They should all comply with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and are therefore required by seek your permission on any data that they share.
Making a Deposit
Once you've signed up at the casino, unless you've claimed a no-deposit casino bonus, you'll need to make a deposit in order to get playing.
This can be done using a large number of payment methods as detailed in the online casino banking section.
More often than not you will be asked straight after registration if you want to make a deposit. If not, then don't fear as you can do so by clicking on the ‘Bank' or ‘Cashier' buttons located in the casino lobby or site at any time.
Once this is done you'll be presented with your depositing options, select the one that you would like to use and fill in the necessary details. The details required depend on which depositing method that you select. Very often, this is the point where you'll also need to opt in or enter a code to be eligible for a bonus, as you generally cannot claim a bonus retrospectively. Then all that's left is for you to choose how much you want to deposit and take advantage of any first deposit bonuses on offer if you so wish. More information about these can be found in our casino bonuses guide.
JACKPOT FACT – All's Fair in Love and Online Casinos
Many moons ago game fairness was an issue as players didn't trust online games. However, all casino games use a random number generator (RNG) which, as the name suggests, generates a sequence of numbers which are random. These numbers determine the outcome of each game, regardless of whether you're playing blackjack, slots, video poker or anything else.
Every casino here at Jackpot.co.uk is fully licensed and independently regulated so you can rest assured that their games are completely fair. If you're still not sure, check out the payout reports on the casinos' websites.
While the process of signing up and getting ready to play at an online casino is fairly simple (especially if you use this guide), there is help available if you do manage to encounter any difficulties.
This help comes in the form of trained customer support staff that are usually available 24/7. These days most casinos allow players to contact customer support via live chat, email or free phone.
All of the contact methods are free and usually provide players with a speedy response. Where available, we'd recommend the live chat option as most casinos will connect you to a staff member quickly without the hassle of holding the line that you get on the phone.
One more thing, don't be afraid to get in touch with customer support no matter how trivial your query or issue might be. They're probably sitting around waiting for someone to help and are paid to give you all the attention you need.
- Take your time selecting an online casino that's right for you.
- Input your correct details when asked and keep your username and password safe.
- Make use of the play for fun option if you haven't played a particular game before.
- Check to see which bonuses you're entitled to.
- Check the terms and conditions of any bonuses that you choose to take advantage of.
- Don't hesitate to contact casino support staff if you have a problem or question.
- When seeking customer support, use live chat if it's offered.